+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sidewinder
    Member #

Large loop levers

I'm thinking of buying a large loop lever for my 1895G but can't seem to make up my mind between the WWG or the DRC lever. Can anyone give me some insight on these models.
    Thanks for your help,
    Fred
    "Old Griz"
    Member Team Hornady
    NRA Life Member
    Member NAHC

Contributing Member
    Member #

Large loop levers

They both work! My buddy has the DRC big loop lever on his guide gun. He likes it but I don`t like the round oblong look of it. I think the WWG lever looks better. That`s why I made my own out of the original lever that came with the gun. They are both good levers it just depends on what you like. Good Luck 444

Sidewinder
    Member #

Large loop levers

On looks alone, I like the WWG with straight stocks and the DRC with pistol grip stocks.

I would suggest that you really evaluate whether you need the large loop before buying it. When I first purchased my XLR and had the barrel chopped to 20", I received the same advice from my smith. I shot my XLR with some heavy loads and the lever never touched my middle finger. A large loop was not necessary for me, even with gloves. My smith pointed out that if the gun is going to be used for dangerous game and is not needed because of finger contact or hand size, the large loop is a hindrance as it actually slows down cycling time slightly.
    Beware the man with only one gun; he probably knows how to use it.

Sidewinder
    Member #

Large loop levers

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop
    I would suggest that you really evaluate whether you need the large loop before buying it. When I first purchased my XLR and had the barrel chopped to 20", I received the same advice from my smith. I shot my XLR with some heavy loads and the lever never touched my middle finger. A large loop was not necessary for me, even with gloves. My smith pointed out that if the gun is going to be used for dangerous game and is not needed because of finger contact or hand size, the large loop is a hindrance as it actually slows down cycling time slightly.
    I'd say that's good advise. I shoot my factory levers with my little finger on the outside of the loop, it works better and quicker for me that way. I feel like I have better control of it.
    Don
    Mod. 925
    2000 Mod. 444P
    2013 Mod. 1895 GBL

Tinhorn
    Member #

Large loop levers

DRC is the only way to go!

Wrangler
    Member #

Large loop levers

I purchased a Wild West Guns SS Large Loop Lever at the SHOT show for my XLR 45-70 it fit perfectly just as they said it would my hands are really large and it's really comfortable & will enable me to use gloves in cold climates, the only items I purchased were the plunger,plunger pin & spring from Marlin so I can change levers back if I ever have to send it in for repairs.I recommend Wild West Guns Large Loop Lever.

Tinhorn
    Member #

Large loop levers

WWG is the only way to go!

BG
    Some toys, travels, friends, bears, airplanes, all in the great state of Alaska.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Large loop levers

I had fun making my own. One for my 1895G in the WWG tradition and one for my 1895GS in a similiar style to the DRC

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Large loop levers

Then I wrapped the stainless one in nylon twine, just cause I like the look. Don't know if it will stay. Depends how it weathers up here in our rainy climate

Army Veteran 67-69 Korea Administrator
    Member #

Large loop levers

Just for the look see click the link at the lever at Numrich. Note that is says fits pistol grip Marlins. That could be bent to fit anything and then some.

http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd....rSuperSKU=&MC=
    God Bless Our Troops -- Retired Tool & Die Maker -- The center of an Aspirin is the same size as the center of the moon, aim for the center.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links