+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: ALL reloading powders , Primers , and most brass gone in my area ! Completely gone !

Cowpoke
    Member #

ALL reloading powders , Primers , and most brass gone in my area ! Completely gone !

Im currently in Carlsbad/Roswell New Mexico. The local gunstores are basically stripped of ALL reloading powders , All primers , and next to NO brass for reloading. A massive run on ammo to the point the shelves are almost bare , and Im talking EVERYTHING !Our stores were very well stocked , not anymore ! I hope the mass hysteria ends soon , and I dont blame people acting out of fear , but I have NEVER seen anything like this....All in a two week period. If this isnt Fear of our own government I dont know what to call it ?

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ1895 View Post
    Im currently in Carlsbad/Roswell New Mexico. The local gunstores are basically stripped of ALL reloading powders , All primers , and next to NO brass for reloading. A massive run on ammo to the point the shelves are almost bare , and Im talking EVERYTHING !Our stores were very well stocked , not anymore ! I hope the mass hysteria ends soon , and I dont blame people acting out of fear , but I have NEVER seen anything like this....All in a two week period. If this isnt Fear of our own government I dont know what to call it ?
    Hey AZ,

Same here, had a 32# powder order in, along with 20K primers (normal order, for me), from a local purveyor. Walked out of warehouse with ONE FOUR POUND CONTAINER OF UNIVERSAL CLAYS, AND 1,000 FEDERAL PRIMERS. HIS LAST POWDER AND PRIMERS.

I have not seen that many new shooters at the events I attend, or at the Clubs I belong to. We would gladly welcome all these new shooters/reloaders.

Later, Mark
    Duty is the sublimest word in the English language. Every man should desire to do his duty, no man should desire to do less. Robert E Lee.

Marlinitis Symptoms: More Daily!

Active rescuer of Marlin Rifles, S&W revolvers, 1911's, Mil/Surplus rifles, shotguns.............

Site Contributor & Team 444 Co-Captain Super Moderator
    Member #
    Took a 45 minute ride yesterday, they had some bullets on the shelf, i was able to procure the last box of Hornady #40000 155 gr. hp for the 40 cal, asked for a pound of titegroup and wound up with 4 pounds cause "it's the only size we can get" inquired about small pistols primers, nope..... got magnums though. Also found some reloading brass for the 40 S&W. Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-----Thomas Jefferson
    wisconsin-mo-ers

Tenderfoot
    Member #
    Same here in WA state, big holes in the shelves. Stuff still trickles in and disappears as fast as they get it.

Gun Wizard
    Member #
    My LGS has put limits on how much you can buy at a time per customer. I'm just glad I have what I need for the time being.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

Auxilium meum a Domino
    "My Aid Comes From The Master"
    Team 444 #269
    Team 45/70 #948
    Team 30-30 #374
    Team 1894 #274
    "a Smith & Wesson beats Four Aces"

Team 35 Remington Co-Capt'n Contributing Member
    Member #
    Now you know why Papajohn is the High Priest of Powder Hoarders. He never has to worry about this idiocy!
    The Older I Get...The Better I was...
    Team 444 Member #175
    Team 35 Member #2
    Team 39 Member #10
    Marlin League #26
    338 MX...It's not your father's lever action!

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Here where I live in Colorado I've not had any real problems finding primers, brass, powders, basically anything in regards to reloading. Now, guns on hold awaiting BG checks is something else.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Same thing here in my area....... just holding on with patience.
    Retired US ARMY 73-93

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined. - Patrick Henry

Uzi
    Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    Same here. The distributors are out of supplies as well, and the factories can't make the stuff fast enough to catch up. It could be a while. I've curtailed shooting my 9mm that requires SPP, because I only have a few hundred left.
    Team .30-30 #563
    Team .45-70 #663
    Team 1894 #185
    Team 60 #93

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. -- Samuel Adams

Site Contributor & Team 444 Co-Captain Super Moderator
    Member #
    Went back today to the local shop, only thing fitting small pistol primers were Federal match, so I bought the last box while I could, at least I have something to make things go bang and the price about $38.00 for the thousand, I'm good for a while. Mr fixit
    TO ARMS!!
    Esteemed Sharpshooter
    Team 444 Co-Captain
    Member #168 1994 444SS

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."-----Thomas Jefferson
    wisconsin-mo-ers

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links