+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Model 444T Marlin

So I see an ad in the company paper that says: "Marlin lever action rifle Model 444T, 3x9 scope $325 obo"

I have 2 triple 4s now, but not a 'T'. I talked to the guy and will stop and take a look later. I don't really need another 444, however, is a 444T a desirable version? If so, what would be a good price?

He said it is an older gun that he bought to hunt bear with and never did. He said "it is older but looks to be new".

Any advice??

Dave
    Ask Me about an AMSOIL Discount for MO.com members.

www.azoil.com

Site Contributor Extraordinaire & Team 444 Captain Super Moderator
    Member #

Re: Model 444T Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by azoil
    So I see an ad in the company paper that says: "Marlin lever action rifle Model 444T, 3x9 scope $325 obo"

I have 2 triple 4s now, but not a 'T'. I talked to the guy and will stop and take a look later. I don't really need another 444, however, is a 444T a desirable version? If so, what would be a good price?

He said it is an older gun that he bought to hunt bear with and never did. He said "it is older but looks to be new".

Any advice??

Dave
    You need to jump on that quicker than the IRS reaches into your wallet! Excellent price!

David (
    "Feo, Fuerte y Formal")
    CW3, US Army (Ret)
    09/26/1968-05/31/1990
    Vietnam Veteran - 2 Tours

Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Founder (Member# 1) of Team 444 Marlin®

Really Short Fuse Administrator
    Edmond, Oklahoma - That's just North of the Red River Team .444 Charter Member
    Member #

Model 444T Marlin

Ditto!!!
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/
    MO Member #77

Super Moderator
    Somewhere in South Carolina again! Charter Member #3 Team 444
    Member #

Model 444T Marlin

The best model 444 ever made......................................Marko
    Their are only two kinds of people, those who own a 444 and those who wish they owned one,
    and yes folks, denial is bliss!

Not much has really changed in the world in 2000 years, Christians are still being thrown to the Lions! and
    Satans tool of Deception is still working like a charm, from the time of Adam and Eve, to today!
    Charter Member #3 Team 444
    Member # 379 Team 1894
    Member # 1053 Team 30-30
    Member # 338 Team 39

Wrangler
    Member #

444T

Yep, buy it for me...

Have a Good One!!!

Marlin_444
    Momento Mori (75 yard neck shot) I'll see you at the lake, around the beach, on the mountain; in the woods on this side or the other..

Member #

Model 444T Marlin

I bought it guys!

I'll post pics ASAP.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Dave

www.azoil.com

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Model 444T Marlin

You done good, son. I don't even need to see a picture to know that was a good deal.
    "Hunt close, then get closer."
    Team .444 -- Member #22

Member #

Model 444T Marlin

This is what I got for $275:

The rifle as pictured, with scope, and sling.
    (19) Remington factory loaded 240gr.
    (4) Remington factory loaded 265gr.
    (37) Once fired Remington brass

I just asked him what would be his bottom dollar, he said $275 and I didn't have the heart to try and go lower - he really didn't know what he had. Anyway, I gave him what he said and we were both happy.

I see just a little bit of surface rust in a few areas, nothing major or that you would see if you weren't looking for it.

What can I use to take it off? Hobie mentioned something before but I don't remember what it was.

The scope and see thru's will come off and a Leupold will go on it. The wood is in very good condition except for one area on the right side of the forearm at the rear, you can see it in the pictures. The finish is still on it, but it looks like a very light spot in the wood. I am not worried about it. I will take it apart and do a thorough cleaning and see what it looks like under the wood and go from there.

The best thing is no paperwork, and no CBS![^]

You guys keep an eye out, I may be posting one of my other 444s fore sale now.

Here is the light spot on the stock:

www.azoil.com

Super Moderator
    Somewhere in South Carolina again! Charter Member #3 Team 444
    Member #

Model 444T Marlin

I would quess 1970 or 1971 based on the square lever, looks good and the wood is a little better then normal. I still would like to know what the "T" means in 444T...It seems to me we see most of the 444's with a "T" west of the Mississippi....................................... ....Marko
    Their are only two kinds of people, those who own a 444 and those who wish they owned one,
    and yes folks, denial is bliss!

Not much has really changed in the world in 2000 years, Christians are still being thrown to the Lions! and
    Satans tool of Deception is still working like a charm, from the time of Adam and Eve, to today!
    Charter Member #3 Team 444
    Member # 379 Team 1894
    Member # 1053 Team 30-30
    Member # 338 Team 39

Site Sponsor/Site Contributor Super Moderator
    Member #

Model 444T Marlin

Quote Originally Posted by Starrbow
    I still would like to know what the "T" means in 444T...It seems to me we see most of the 444's with a "T" west of the Mississippi
    I've always assumed it meant "Texan". I'm for real on this. During this time period I was in Jr. High School and I remember going to a "hunting show". Quite different than what they are now. This was at a theater and there was a host that featured about 2 hours of films of hunting from around the globe. The one that caused me the most thought was produced by Marlin firearms and featured the "new" 444T. The hunters were rattling in big bucks and knocking them off their feet with the 444. I will even go as far as to remembering that they were hunting in Zapata County, the same county we hunted in. They refered to the rifle as the 444 Texan.

This movie had a profound effect on me. I went to tell the grown men in our camp about the rifle. Of course, they all laughed at me. Big old fat pistol bullet, what could that do out here in the land of the sendero rifle? My answer was always the same: "it could knock those rut crazed bucks off their feet so we don't have to track them in this brush and grass!"

Once in a while I will try to search for a copy of that movie. The only thing that I've been told is that it was a movie film so if a copy still exists it is in a format that I couldn't easily view.

azoil,

I think you have officially become the MarlinOwners "Buyer of the Year". You have bought yourself THE MARLIN RIFLE! Hold on to those four rounds of Remington 265-grain ammo also. They are a collectors item.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links