Marlin Firearms Forum banner

336 SDG

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  lever addict 
#1 ·
Do you think the SDG that Davidsons has for 766.00 will ever go up in value or demand? It would be a North Haven and a 16.25 inch barrel. They have a bunch.

#3 ·
I'd guess it might mean that although encouraging the purchase of any Marlin for a member is pretty common, most M.O. members are not totally comfy with recommending a new one as a sure thing as an investment ??? ??? ???

That being said, if you like it, get it! ;)

#5 ·
Right now, the 336 sdg is selling kind of slowly. Is it the market? Economy? I don't know but i wouldn't buy one solely for collector value but a shooter with potential to hold its value in the future. There is also the 308SDT that has only 251 built. A nice hunk of power in a compact package.

Be safe
Patty

#6 ·
Patty is right. Even the price has gone down on the hard to find guns in this economy. Buying one for collector value would be a gamble on any gun but it would be better than investing in the stock market right now.

#8 ·
Guess I should say that I just picked up a 336SDG yesterday and net net including transfers, shipping and all, the cost was more than $300 UNDER the sale ad graciously posted by Greenhorn for the 336 SDT (I paid $50 more than that ad price for my 336SDT when it came out). The seller listed the rifle with another and it had no reserve. I was most astounded that the 2 rifles sold for as little as they did. I bet the seller was wishing he had a higher price to start with.

Got the Leupold 1.5x5 mounted a couple minutes ago and will try to get a few shots off today.

Also of note on the 336 SDG and for that matter the 308SDT the action is the same as the XLR with the fluted bolt. The 336 SDT I had was built on a standard 336SS action. The barrel on the 336 SDG 30-30 is Microgroove and the barrel on the 308SDT is Ballard style... One of the rifles was missing both the hammer spur AND the front sight hood, but both were factory new in box.

Be safe
Patty

#10 ·
I was strokin' that the deal would fall through for more than a week. I didn't hear from the guy over the weekend and was wondering if I had been had or he was backing out, but on tuesday he sent me the tracking # and the poundage looked right for 2 boxed 336 shorty rifles. It was a crap shoot from the git go and for a change I got the good end of the deal. I was not really locked into the SDG but rather my parameters were a 336 in stainless.

There was a gun listed with a skanky stock that was painted black and fit by what looked a putty knife and a rock a couple weeks back. The ad swore it was stainless but the serial# proved it to be way too old to be stainless, either that or it was doctored... The price was 3 bills for a gun that REALLY needed a stock and TLC. For a bit more I lucked into a new 336 in a handy dandy length (love 336y Spikehorns you know). Reckon I can live with the laminated stock too, at least for the time being.

I guess it works sometimes that when you are not looking you find... Or is it you can't always get what you want, but if you try, you get what you need... Hmmmm, mebbe I should write a song.

Be Safe
Patty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.