+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tinhorn
    Member #

Good price for a marlin 35 rem?

Hey what is a good price to pay for a used Marlin 35 rem in good condition, maybe a few minor repairs like rust removal,etc..? I was looking at some of the local pawn shops.

Site Contributor - Team Marlin Express Capt'n Super Moderator
    Member #

It really varies depending on which part of the country you are in. I hear of guys back east picking good Marlins for $150.00+ on up. Here in the midwest they usually want as much if not more for a used junker than you get a new one for.
    IN MEMORY OF PFC JEFFREY ALAN AVERY, 571st MP CO, KILLED IN ACTION 23 APR 07, AGE 19, MUQUDADIYAH, IRAQ.

Certified Gunnut
    Member #

Saw a decent one at the show Sunday for 260....that's cheap for here....Wish I'd brought more $$$, I could have probably walked around and made 40 bucks same day.
    Tuba Players Have BIG Brass Ones

That Sound You Hear In The Woods While Hunting Is Deer Laughing.....

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Not much traffic in 35 Rem. Marlins out here in Wyoming. About six years ago I bought one at a Gander Mountain store in Appleton, WI. It was $250, in good working order, but with shallow rust stains all over the bbl. Looks rough, shoots great.
    "Hunt close, then get closer."
    Team .444 -- Member #22

Site Contributor Contributing Member
    Member #

Know from experience longer barreled ones bringing 300 and more. (esp. original rifleing) on the auction sights.

Gun Wizard
    Member #

You're right, Dr. A. A 336A, regular or DL, will run higher than $300 in 30-30 0r 35 Rem. if it is in decent shape or better. For a nice one $400+ seems to be the norm.
    "Hunt close, then get closer."
    Team .444 -- Member #22

Tinhorn
    Member #

Would it say 336A on it or would it just say 336?

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

If it's a 336A, it will indicate this on the barrel. Most 336 models will have some discriptive nomenclature such as "A", "SC" "CS" etc. Some do not, they simply have the model number "336" only. Not really sure why Marlin did this. I'm not not looking at any reference sources but I believe this model 336 was made in the 60's and 70's, does not include the cross bolt safety and is equal in value to any other comparable model.

I almost bought one a couple weeks ago for $225 OTD. I may go back and buy it yet.

At any rate, most any 336 you get will be a quality firearm and will offer many years of great shooting.

SS
    quot;The second amendment is obscure only when history is ignored."

Charlton Heston

GbyGbA

Tinhorn
    Member #

35 worth

Well I paid $329 out the door for a used 336rc in 90% condition. It shoots Federal 200gr hi shoks in under and inch off the bench at 100yrds, 3 shot groups. In Kalifornia there arent many 35's so the price was right. I feel not one cent was waisted on that gun. I put a fixed 2X Weaver scope on it and we will go hog hunting in Aug. I'll post our pics when we get back. My brother is gonna bring his Marlin 336A 30-30 on the hunt so hopefully we'll get a pair of hogs with a pair of levers. So I guess I'm saying worth is realitive to a point. There may be some that laugh at me paying over 300 bucks on a used gun but I could care less it's my favorite gun.

Tenderfoot
    Member #

Try gunbroker.com if you can't find one at a local pawn shop. I looked locally for months for a used 336 in .35 and finally gave up and found one on gunbroker pre safety 90-95% for $255. That price seems to be about the average with some less and some much more. I hope you find one. I wouldn't trade mine for anything.....although I would like to give it a companion in the form of a .35 ss i have heard rumored on this forum may be headed our way.
    alatians 2:20

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links