+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Post pics of your rifle with Dednutz Game Reaper scope mount...

Tinhorn
    Member #

Post pics of your rifle with Dednutz Game Reaper scope mount...

Hey guys,

As listed in my signature, I've got an older Marlin 336RC.
    I'm debating between going with a scope or iron sights. If I do go with a scope, I'm considering the one piece dednutz Game Reaper mount.

I did a search on this forum, and only found two pics.

I'm looking for a pic of an older 336 with this mount. I'm afraid that it may look a little out of place, and take away from the iconic 'cowboy' styling of these leverguns. Any opinions?

Pictures would be great!

SQ
    1964 Marlin 336RC 30-30

Super Site Contributor - Team 35 Remington Capt'n Contributing Member
    Member #

Re: Post pics of your rifle with Dednutz Game Reaper scope mount...

I have no idea what the dednutz mount is like, but I would advise you to get a Weaver base and Weaver Quad-Loc rings. There's none finer for mounting on a Marlin IMHO.
    hawkeye likes this.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams

Tinhorn
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in FL
    I have no idea what the dednutz mount is like, but I would advise you to get a Weaver base and Weaver Quad-Loc rings. There's none finer for mounting on a Marlin IMHO.
    Are you referring to form or function?

I want function, but I also want it to look like an old school levergun. Obviously the scope detracts from the 'old school' look, but I want to keep as much of it as possible.

SQ
    1964 Marlin 336RC 30-30

Member #

Function, of course. They are the strongest set up I have ever found, and they don't detract hardly at all from the appearance of the rifle.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams

Tinhorn
    Member #

Brian,

I'm not arguing with you as I don't have the experience or knowledge to do so.

I just thought I'd show you the dednutz mount to give you an idea. I really don't think you could make one too much stronger. I'm just worried that it looks too 'new age' for the old Marlin. Too much 'Bling!' as us youngsters would call it.

SQ

1964 Marlin 336RC 30-30

Platinum Poster
    Member #

Put it on , your the only one that has to like it

I like them.. similar to the BLK's for 22's.. and they are the best of the best in my opinion
    Gunjunkie..

"Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnQ
    Brian,

I'm not arguing with you as I don't have the experience or knowledge to do so.

I just thought I'd show you the dednutz mount to give you an idea. I really don't think you could make one too much stronger. I'm just worried that it looks too 'new age' for the old Marlin. Too much 'Bling!' as us youngsters would call it.

SQ

I didn't think you were arguing with me, Up until now, I've never even seen a picture of the dednutz mounting system, but I still think the Weaver system is better, and not so much bling either. The Quad-Loc rings have two straps over the front and rear of the scope and four screws. They are rock solid. And the scope can be dismounted and remounted without losing zero. Just unscrew the gnurled rings on the sides. Simple.

Tinhorn
    Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gunjunkie
    Put it on , your the only one that has to like it

I like them.. similar to the BLK's for 22's.. and they are the best of the best in my opinion
    I'm considering it - I was just hoping to see a few 336's with them mounted so I could see what I thought of the appearance before I spent the coin.

I found the attached picture, but it isn't much of a close-up. I'm hoping to see if the base looks like it fits on the gun, or if there are gaps and overhangs around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in FL
    I didn't think you were arguing with me, Up until now, I've never even seen a picture of the dednutz mounting system, but I still think the Weaver system is better, and not so much bling either. The Quad-Loc rings have two straps over the front and rear of the scope and four screws. They are rock solid. And the scope can be dismounted and remounted without losing zero. Just unscrew the gnurled rings on the sides. Simple.
    I saw several different styles of Weaver bases and rings at our local academy and walmart. I'll have to look at them a little closer next time I go. I did see the quad lock system, and also a one-piece and two-piece base. Is there a part # you recommend for the base?
    1964 Marlin 336RC 30-30

Member #

No particular part #. Just get any brand of Weaver type base that is made for your rifle. The base doesn't have to be made by Weaver. A number of companies make such bases, and they all work equally well.

Team 1894 Co-Captain Super Moderator
    Member #

The Weaver one piece base is # 63B ... as for as the Quad Lock rings, they make medium and high and I have them on my 30-30. On other sites, they kept saying "buy the low" Quad Lock rings but I couldn't find any so I called Weaver and the lady told me they do not make Quad Lock "low" rings and never did. So, I went with the mediums and they work great.

As far as the Dednutz setup goes, I have been told by several bolt rifle owners that they as solid a setup as they have ever used. I will buy the Dednutz setup for the next bolt rifle I buy and give them a try.

bjm
    bjm

5 Rules for Happiness
    free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Team 1894 ... member #2
    Team 35 ... member #15
    Team 39 ... member #9
    Team 60 ... member #36
    Team 444 ... member #498
    Team .45/70 ... member #687
    Team Marlin Express ... member #60
    Team Shotgun ... member #8
    Marlin League ... member #7
    Utah Marlinowners -http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/groups/
    Member of the Guide Gun and Outfitter Owners Association

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads