Marlin Firearms Forum banner

30-30 Buffalo Bore Load?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnnyLoco 
#1 ·
#2 ·
$49.49 for a box of 20 ... wow! That comes to $2.65 per round including tax. I tried a box of Buffalo Bore .45 colt ammo a long time ago but never hunted with it though it shot well out of my Ruger Hunter. Those prices would make me dive head-first into reloading. Sorry I couldn't help.

bjm

#3 ·
Chris in Idaho said:
Anybody know anything about the new buffalo bore 190 grain 30-30 load coming out? Maybe this would give a little more confidence during Elk season?

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=241711&t=11082005
Until the ammo companies finally discontinued them, it was a trick used by old timers after really large game to pull 190-grain bullets from .303 Savage cases for loading in .30-30s. It looks like Buffalo Bore is supplying that need once again.

Pricy, but the stuff sure isn't made for plinking.

#4 ·
My problem is the cost of the ammo. At 50 bucks a box it is more than pricey. My 300 Win mag or 325 WSM is a heck of a lot more rifle than souped up 30-30 and factory ammo for them doesn't run that high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.