• Yes, buy it now.

Votes: 43 95.6%
  • Pass and find something better.

Votes: 2 4.4%

Is this 336 worth buying?

4K views 47 replies 36 participants last post by  dpe.ahoy 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
I'd say the price is reasonable. Not a steal, but reasonable. The wear on the original Mar-Shield finish is typical. I usually refinish all the furniture on my older Marlins.

I would purchase it.

#6 ·
$350 is a reasonable price for a good condition 336.

#10 ·
I have been buying them like that for around $275-$325 depending on condition and wood, so in my opinion that rifle is easily within buying price as long as everything functions correctly no glaring marks or damage, just a well used marlin that has been taken care of as well. So going with a post just a few days ago I say buy buy buy as they (Jm Marlins) are getting fewer and further between, and more expensive.

#38 ·
I've never heard of stores charging for BGCs on their own guns - just transfers. Is that a legal thing, or store by store?

#15 ·
The value of JM stamped Marlins , here in Maine is going nuts. Kind of like Winchesters did after 1964. I used to see racks of used 336's in the gun shops, now rare as hen's teeth. WTH, they sold by the millions, suddenly scarce. Like .22 ammo, I guess. Yes the older Japanese Tascos were pretty good. Refinish the stock, you'll like it.

#24 ·
Okay. I'm convinced. I bought it. I found out it is a 1974 vintage. Since the shop bought it used, there is a hold on it. I pick it up on the 28th.

How's she look?

She looks like she'll be nice to hunt with this fall!
And if you want an enjoyable little winter project refinish the stocks afterward.
Really quite easy to do, and gives a lot of return for the owner. :)

Vooch

#27 ·
Late to the party....glad you snagged that one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.