Marlin Firearms Forum banner

336 Synthetic stock set Wal Mart.

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Scorpion8 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Price wise, it won't hurt your wallet, then it could be a pain to fit it proper.

#5 ·
Nice find - Very Interested - Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: cajun56
#13 ·
Several years ago I won a pre-Remington 336W on a raffle ticket. Heaviest thing I ever handled. Bought a RAMLINE synthetic stock for it but it would not fit. I have an 82 year old stock maker friend who worked on it and it fits like a glove on that 336W. Lightened it up by at least two pounds.It shoots superb with my handloads. Two years ago I took it hunting and shot a nice doe trotting past me headed for posted property. Shot her in the left eye and it exited the right eye. I used one of those Hornady flex tips weighing 160 grain in factory loaded form. Her nose hit the leaves before her butt did. I have a Simmons 1.5 x 5 x 20mm mounted on it with the cross hairs inside a triangle. I bought four of them on close out as they were going to a 32mm instead of the 20mm. I mounted three of the four and have a spare in the scope locker.

358 Win

Reactions: fbksak and Reload
#15 ·
I put a Ramline on a pawn-shop-find beater 336 years ago and it is durable and makes a perfect boat gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.