Marlin Firearms Forum banner

There are still some nice ones out there

3K views 43 replies 39 participants last post by  Sambane 
#1 ·
Stopped by my local gunstore today (sold a Kimber 82 Gov't), had some gun money burning a hole in my pocket. Didn't see anything I needed and to tell the truth the racks are getting a little bare. So, I'm headed to my truck when a young kid gets out of his car carrying and older leather rifle case. The first thing I think is he's selling Grandpa's rifle, and I feel kinda sad. I ask him what he's got and pulls out a beautiful 336SC. I explain that he needs to keep it and how I hope my future Grandsons enjoy my stuff. He tells me he wants a new Glock and wasn't expecting much for the old deer rifle. I tell him I'll give him $25 more than the store and we can meet at a certain location when he hears their price. She followed me home and I feel quite lucky. She's a 53 in 35Rem.

I had to throw one of my old Marbles knives in for contrast..Ha!
T4

See less See more
#31 ·
Congrats, and sure is a nice rifle... would love one in an SC model myself, ha! I'll take an "old deer rifle" like that over a Glock any day! Gotta' love those .35 rems... ;)
Enjoy...

#32 ·
I believe as a general rule if thumb (never say "never" or "always") up until 1952 were "waffle tops," 1953 was plain, sandblasted, not D&T. Drill & tap started in 1954. At least the ones in my meager collection confirm this.

#37 ·
Hey T,

Clean living, and pure thoughts!

Fantastic looking .35!

Forecast a full freezer! LOL

Later, Mark

Reactions: TomO
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.