Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1960s 30-30.

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  moofy07 
#1 ·
I'm looking for an early 1960s model Marlin 30-30 un scoped rifle. How do I know by serial number if a rifle is a 1960s Marlin 30-30? I live in Minnesota and want to buy one but not sure on how to find one

#5 ·
Hello from west suburb of Twin Cities. What you want will be at the gun shows. I picked up a 1948 30-30 at the State Fair about a month ago. They are out there. A pawn shop owner told me to start the pawn shop quest a month after deer season ends. I usually see a few really nice Marlins at the shows... but be sure to get there Saturday morning before the opening bell. Last show I saw a 336 in crummy shape go out the door by 10am. In my case, the dealer wanted $400 and I got it for $350. Pretty good shape, no dings on stock. Gentle use on metal.

#6 ·
Welcome from Connecticut

#7 ·
#9 ·
Welcome from Central NY ! If you don't mind shopping the Internet, think about perusing the auction sites such as Gunbroker. If you are patient, lucky and careful you can get some decent deals. The winter is the best time for pawn shops, gun shows and gunshops. After hunting season when holiday, tax and heating bills hit, some sell for some extra cash. Good luck, be patient and turn over every rock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.