+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weaver k2.5

Tinhorn
    Member #

Weaver k2.5

I've often thought the little weaver k2.5 was about perfect for the 336, so I bought one some time ago (last year). I 've been using it, and like the size, weight and field of view. I do, however, have a problem: The adjustments are wacked... four clicks SHOULD be 1" at 100. Sometimes its no change at all. Other times its 3 " or something equally inconsistent.

Is anyone else having similar problems with these little weavers? Its too bad... they are awesome little scopes for leverguns otherwise.

Tinhorn
    Member #

Weaver k2.5

Sorry.......

Can't help ya.....

Other than check to see that everything is tight.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #

Weaver k2.5

I've gotten into the habit thru the years of giving the adjustment turret a few gentle whacks with a cartridge after every adjustment. In many scopes, especially old ones, the adjustments aren't smooth, and the crosshair may get a bit hung up. Recoil (or a gentle whack) will cause the mechanism to jump and settle into its new position.
    Pisgah
    ------------------
    "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" Micah 6:8

Sidewinder
    Member #

Weaver k2.5

What Pisgah said. A couple of gentle taps with a cartridge or similar. I do it on any scope when I make adjustments. I was sighting in a .30-30 recently with a 1.5-5 Redfield on it, and it was doing the same thing. The taps seemed to help the consistency of the changes.

Sidewinder
    Member #

Weaver k2.5

Tapping a scope to settle its innerds after an adjustment can help. I've found it's even better to approach the adjustments from the same direction each time, turning the screws IN (clockwise) is best.

The cause of the problem is slack, or "backlash", in the adjustment screws. Approaching the desired goal from clockwise seems to pretty well exceed, and therefore take up, the normal "slop" in the adjustment turret of many scopes, espacially the less costly ones.

In practice, the way it works is if you need to turn the adjustment screw clockwise a couple of clicks, just do it. However, if you need to change the scope a couple of clicks to the left, first turn maybe a full turn to the left and then turn to the right until you are two clicks to the left of the origianal position.

Gun Wizard
    Member #

Weaver k2.5

Contact

http://www.weaver-scope-repair.com/

These guys are in El Paso, TX and they will take care of your K2.5.

I have two K2.5s, two K3s, a K4W, and a K6, all from the "El Paso Weaver" days.

Frank Ruiz and his crew will take care of your repair and refurbishing needs...good people to deal with.
    "Hunt close, then get closer."
    Team .444 -- Member #22

Wrangler
    Member #

Weaver k2.5

The good thing about the excellent steel tube Weavers is that they can be rebuilt to new by the Weaver Scope Repair Service, El Paso Texas.

I have a bunch of them all rebuilt, all perfect. My favorites are the K3's and my K4 with dot recticle.
    attack always attack

S.B.

Weaver k2.5

Check all the screws in your mount and rings, to see they're tight?

Wrangler
    Member #

Weaver k2.5

As several have said, send the scope to Frank. I don't think he charges much more than $35 to R&R a fixed power scope.
    They have fixed two K4s, one K2.5, and two V4.5 scopes.
    Mannlicher-Schoenauer

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

May the Bonnie Blue wave forever

Sidewinder
    Member #

Weaver k2.5

Frozenny:

I likewise have a K2.5 Weaver on my 336C in .35 Rem and find it to be an outstanding scope for this rifle. I bought mine new 5 years ago and it has served me superbly. I had no problems with it and this rifle/scope combo consistently shoots sub-MOA at 75 yards. I've taken a number of deer and a bear with it. I would suggest that you do what the other members suggested and lightly tap the turrets.

Incidentally, I had an older Weaver scope reconditioned by Weaver Scope repair in El Paso and they did a fine job. Love those old K4's. I love Weaver scopes period. Enjoy that scope. :lol:

Good shooting.

Range Finder
    THE .35 REM WAS GOOD ENOUGH IN 1906 AND IT'S GOOD ENOUGH NOW!

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Links