Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Thinking of selling my Marlin 336y Spikehorn -Value "as

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  booboo 
#1 ·

I plan on selling my Marlin 336y Spikehorn to finance a home project.

The 336y has the 16.5" barrel and shortened stock. I bought it to put away and fired it once. It is in 99% condition with box and papers.

Can anyone give me an idea of what a fair price would be on it?

#2 ·

Not sure of book value.. but what you ask and what someone is willing to pay is fair for both in in my book...if both are happy with the deal..

#3 ·

GJ, :twisted: that sure was helpfull! :lol:
I cant be too helpful either tho. :p But check your PM Ridge Runner, if you would :wink:

#4 ·

I am in the process of purchasing a Spikehorn right now and am paying $405 delivered for it.

I agree with Gunjunkie. The value of a gun is only what someone will pay for it. That is the problem with most pawn/gun shops. They want a "book" to tell them what a gun is worth.

#6 ·

Those new prices G/J? $500 seems high for a second hand gun.
I havent seen one locally in a few years but there was one in NH a couple years back for $250 used but not abused. If I'da had the money in hand I'da bought it.

#7 ·

Last one I saw was on used rack and gentleman from this site called and got it.. not sure of price anymore, but they are salty up this way ...

Last nib I saw was show few months ago and he wanted 480 for it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.