Marlin 1894FG

Thread: Marlin 1894FG

6pt-sika

Marlin 1894FG

Loaded up some 210 grain Noslers with 21 grains of H110. Sighted in and will see if I can get a doe with it this year ......we shall see

Wrangler
    Member #

Re: Marlin 1894FG

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika
    Loaded up some 210 grain Noslers with 21 grains of H110. Sighted in and will see if I can get a doe with it this year ......we shall see
    I used that same bullet in my Redhawk with 19.6 W296, and bagged 2 does in ten seconds.

Have you group tested that load yet?
    hat's an X

6pt-sika

Marlin 1894FG

No I haven't tried it yet , plan on doing so this weekend. I'm thinking this gun should be fine insde 90 yards. If it will keep three shots in 2.5 inches at 100 yards , I'll be happy for now . Soon as I can find an acceptable gascheck for my cast bullets I'll get you some to try , but as of yet I'm not satisfied with the way they seat :?

Sidewinder
    Member #

Marlin 1894FG

That load works like a champ. I shot a small buck a couple of weeks ago with my 1894FG using that load. He did not take a step forward and dropped dead on the spot with a shot through the neck. It was pretty danged close at about 40 yards.
    Rich
    Lead, Follow, or get the hell outa the way.

Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life DAV, VFW, ARPA

6pt-sika

Marlin 1894FG

Quote Originally Posted by retiredsquid
    That load works like a champ. I shot a small buck a couple of weeks ago with my 1894FG using that load. He did not take a step forward and dropped dead on the spot with a shot through the neck. It was pretty danged close at about 40 yards.
    Rich
    I have a 3-9 leupold on the FG now and I think I will hunt with that . I plan on hunting in the morning with my 1895G , but should be able to take that out sometime next week . Or possibly tommorrow afternoon if I'm lucky in the morning.

Sidewinder
    Member #

Marlin 1894FG

I put a Leupold 2-7X33 VX-II Heavy Duplex Shotgun scope on mine. For a brush gun this scope really fits the bill. It is parallax adjusted for 75 yards vs. 100 yards for standard rifle scopes.

Good luck with the hunting.
    Regards,
    Rich
    Lead, Follow, or get the hell outa the way.

Benefactor Life Member NRA, Life DAV, VFW, ARPA

6pt-sika

Marlin 1894FG

Shot two big doe's with the FG and the 210 grain Nosler. And was not overly impressed. Thought I missed with the first shot on each , but I didn't. When I skinned them out I found enough holes in the right places to prove my aim was good. First deer was 70 yards away, at the first shot the deer just stood there and I watched for 20 or 30 seconds and fired again ... then she just sank. The other doe was just hanging around and I shot her with no effect...so it seemed , so I shot again and again she just sank. Both deer were shot behind the shoulder in the heart pocket and both deer had two holes going in on the same side within 3 inches. Found one slug in each deer. The mushrooms were perfect , but I was not impressed with the way they reacted after the shot :?

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links