A good video from Hickock 45 and his thoughts on the Marlin 1894 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: A good video from Hickock 45 and his thoughts on the Marlin 1894

Deadeye
    Member #
    I watched the video, just as watch all his videos.

I like the way he does them and the Marlin was no different. All good ! It made me pull my 1894CB off the rack and oil her up and just fondle her again. I Love my 1894 as I do my 1894 New Marlin. As Hickok45 say's "Life is Good"
    Aim Small, Miss Small

Deadeye
    Member #
    I didn't hear nothing out of the ordinary, what he stated is true from my sources and past employees ...and he said "he read it, and did not know all about it" he was not IMO pro remmy one bit..and went on to praise the gun marlin made....I got a marlin jm or two from right before they sold out to freedom group and they where bad, one was very bad and went back..... and the machinery was old, VERY OLD. leaking fluids and such,,,, but it worked for the employees that made the rifles as my wifes vacuum with duct tape and wire ties work..very well
    Myself and two other gents ordered 3 marlins years ago within the same time frame more or less as we all were acquaintances and hunted together! They ordered the 338mxlr I the 308mxlr.. after they came in we all meet at the hunting camp to sight in and admire the newest bad boys of levers on the market....I had no less than 3 misfires from primer strikes that day......the other two gents 338s had to be sent back to Marlin for repairs......theirs would not cycle a round if there life depended on it. it was a day I will never forget and now just good memories...
    Morale of story, don't believe all we hear. only reason I stopped at thread was I saw Hickok45 come up while searching for a thread on some research....he generally is very unbiased on topics of bashing, And that is one reason I have googled him for reviews on firearms other than marlins that I generally don't know much about... but I personally thought his video was SPOT ON AND inline with all Ive heard from my sources on the last chapter of marlin..no pun intended....just my two cents worth. While on bashing, has Anyone heard anything on the condition of the 4570 ABLS OUT now..
    Gohon likes this.
    David J.
    US Coast Guard Vet 1985-2007
    Semper Paratus (Always Ready)

308 MXLR
    338 MXLR
    1895 STBL 45-70 member #903
    1894 357
    1894 44 mag (rep)
    49' 32 spl
    64' 35 rem
    77' 30-30
    59' 35 rem "curly" maple"
    64' 39C "Carbine"

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by djj2012 View Post
    I didn't hear nothing out of the ordinary, what he stated is true from my sources and past employees ...and he said "he read it, and did not know all about it" he was not IMO pro remmy one bit..and went on to praise the gun marlin made....I got a marlin jm or two from right before they sold out to freedom group and they where bad, one was very bad and went back..... and the machinery was old, VERY OLD. leaking fluids and such,,,, but it worked for the employees that made the rifles as my wifes vacuum with duct tape and wire ties work..very well
    Myself and two other gents ordered 3 marlins years ago within the same time frame more or less as we all were acquaintances and hunted together! They ordered the 338mxlr I the 308mxlr.. after they came in we all meet at the hunting camp to sight in and admire the newest bad boys of levers on the market....I had no less than 3 misfires from primer strikes that day......the other two gents 338s had to be sent back to Marlin for repairs......theirs would not cycle a round if there life depended on it. it was a day I will never forget and now just good memories...
    Morale of story, don't believe all we hear. only reason I stopped at thread was I saw Hickok45 come up while searching for a thread on some research....he generally is very unbiased on topics of bashing, And that is one reason I have googled him for reviews on firearms other than marlins that I generally don't know much about... but I personally thought his video was SPOT ON AND inline with all Ive heard from my sources on the last chapter of marlin..no pun intended....just my two cents worth. While on bashing, has Anyone heard anything on the condition of the 4570 ABLS OUT now..
    Then you really should read our member Kon's explanation of what REALLY happened when Freedom Group bought out Marlin.

He was there, working for JM Marlin Co. before, and during the buy out.

Then you'll have the right story about it.

Remington/Freedom Group spread a lot of lies to shelter Remington from their ignorance of how real JM Marlins were made/machined/assembled, and to cover up remington's poor quality control, and unskilled labor.

Read it and you'll have a totally different perspective on the subject.
    My avatar is in Honor of my Great Grandfather , Corporal J.M. Johnston , who fought for the N.C. Confederate 36th Regiment , Company H , Heavy Artillery & who was captured by the Union at Fort Fisher, NC on Sunday, Jan. 15 1865 at @ 10:00PM.

In Dixie Land I'll Take My Stand , To Live And Die in Dixie

4. Remove Advertisements
    MarlinOwners.com
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MarlinManCB45/70 View Post
    Then you really should read our member Kon's explanation of what REALLY happened when Freedom Group bought out Marlin.

Then you'll have the right story about it.

Remington/Freedom Group spread a lot of lies to shelter Remington from their ignorance of how real JM Marlins were made/machined/assembled, and to cover up remington's poor quality control, and unskilled labor.

Read it and you'll have a totally different perspective on the subject.
    ---what he said......
    Team 30-30 #680
    Team 32 Special #85
    Team 35 #407
    Team 444 #590
    Team 1894 #343
    Team Express
    Team Winchester #38
    Team Mosin-Nagant #43
    Bangin' Blackhawks
    U.S. Army Retired (1984-2004) Yeah--spent time doin' the OEF/OIF thing

Too many Marlins to list--especially the ones in 35 Rem.

Marlin Marksman
    Member #
    So it is not possible that past employees were mad when bought out and let go?I know I was after the company I worked for was bought out and shown the door after 32 years.i know some of the last guns marlin made were crap as I bought a couple.Disgruntled employees maybe or just old machinery like Winchesters?None of us will ever know.JMHO,OB
    Gohon likes this.
    The older I get,the better I was!!!!
    TEAM 375

Sidewinder
    Member #
    I was under the impression that he was near Knoxville. But he is just outside Pleasant View, TN between Nashville and Clarksville. Just 110 miles from me. I often heard traffic as in big trucks and such when watching his videos so I went on Google Earth and there is a highway close to his house. There are other houses too. His house is situated in a wooded area, you can see the roof but not much else. Could not discern his firing range but it is right behind his house. Just thought that I would throw this in. Thanks.
    I have changed my avatar in honor of 1st. LT Marcus L. Cherry who served in Co. H 21st. Tennessee Cavalry Regiment. 2nd Div. Forrest's Cavalry. Wounded in the Battle of Harrisburg, MS July 13-15 1864
    SSG Ret.
    TN & TX ARNG
    66-06
    SCV

Wrangler
    Member #
    'Then you really should read our member Kon's explanation of what REALLY happened when Freedom Group bought out Marlin.
    Then you'll have the right story about it."
    .................................................. .................well, at least we'll have his version of the story......

...I wasn't happy to see marlin change hands anymore than I was to watch Winchester close it's doors..... but I do know this - when there is no concerted effort between management AND the labor force the outcome is always the same....

.....anybody here ride a Harley?
    Gohon and OLBIKER like this.

Contributing Member
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rkcohen View Post
    'Then you really should read our member Kon's explanation of what REALLY happened when Freedom Group bought out Marlin.
    Then you'll have the right story about it."
    .................................................. .................well, at least we'll have his version of the story......

...I wasn't happy to see marlin change hands anymore than I was to watch Winchester close it's doors..... but I do know this - when there is no concerted effort between management AND the labor force the outcome is always the same....

.....anybody here ride a Harley?
    I have owned two, 76 EG and a 80 SG. Worked at H-D DEaler for @ 6/7 years and several custom shops as time progressed.

Started working on Harleys at a young age at Moore's Chopper Shop (or was it cycle shop...don't recall.) Was sanding the bondo on freshly chopped and raked frame goosenecks, this was during the 70s chopper craze. I was @ 13 back then.

I saw guys roll in on a 2 hours old brand new Electra Glide...a couple/three weeks later he'd leave on a new custom chopper..... and paid to have it all done too.

The 1970s....won't see that again............
    My avatar is in Honor of my Great Grandfather , Corporal J.M. Johnston , who fought for the N.C. Confederate 36th Regiment , Company H , Heavy Artillery & who was captured by the Union at Fort Fisher, NC on Sunday, Jan. 15 1865 at @ 10:00PM.

In Dixie Land I'll Take My Stand , To Live And Die in Dixie

Certified Gunnut
    Member #
    Flame.jpgI ride this. Built it in the extra bedroom out of all aftermarket American parts. There are some pre-AMF Harley parts on it. I bit the bullet,paid the premium so there'd be no Chinese. Probably cost me $2,000 extra.
    Harley-Davidson was bought by a consortium of employees,not some outside corporation. The employees saved Harley from destruction by AMF. They also stayed in the same facility,and didn't fire all the experienced workers. Whole different ball of wax than the Marlin takeover.
    But what does the Harley resurrection have to do with the story that Freedom Group circulates about worn-out production machinery? Or that they never saw a caliper or micrometer in the plant? And who are the employees djj2012 talked with that confirmed the rumor? I'm sure they know our members who were Marlin employees. The "sources" mentioned.
    Facts are fun. They make discussions real. Re-spreading second and third hand rumors is just so much fertilizer.

Rob
    Last edited by rob42049; 01-14-2017 at 11:34 PM. Reason: grammar
    MarlinManCB45/70 likes this.
    Team 1894 #288
    Marlin League #145
    Team Enfield #1
    Team Old Pharts #171
    Team Motorcyclists #30
    Team Winchester #134

.303 British --- Killing reliably since 1888.

Wrangler
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 444Hal View Post
    Two different bullets without adjusting the sights any?
    Obviously he knows where his loads will end up, factory and hand loads. Experience and knowledge go a long way even if he has only been shooting a certain firearm for ten years. Explaining that is not possible, it's built in.
    Let us form one body and one heart, defend to the last warrior our country, our homes, our liberty and the graves of our fathers - Tecumseh

Mskuawi Mkwa Msipesi Neshwathe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New | Subscribed Threads

Sponsored Links