Marlin Firearms Forum banner

HUNTING PHOTOS AND STORIES ( some may be graphic)

131K views 146 replies 89 participants last post by  mac66 
#1 ·
Post your stories and photos of 2006/07 Hunting Kills , guns and ammo used if you like ,, it will keep it condensed for easy viewing..

Reactions: roybean1894
#2 ·
HUNTING PICTURES ( some may be graphic)

Pics are being developed (I'm one of those dinosaurs who still uses film...)

Buddy shot his first deer after three unsuccessful hunts. He did good: Took a nice clean shot, and dropped his deer in its tracks. Had a shot at a bigger deer, but it was screened by brush. Anyways his first deer was a little button buck.

Being the smart ass that I am, I had the rack mounted. Teh bullet passed through the deer and struck a small shrub, killing it too. I mounted that as well....

#6 ·
!894ss 44mag first kills

Load-44mag 180XTP,29.0gr of H110,CCI 350 primers 1.600 COL,2150FPS from marlin 20" barrel.Got this nice porcupine at about 5 yards,massive entry,about the size of fist,no exit.sorry about the bad pics,camera phone.
I got the yote on a downhill shot through the ear and out the mouth at around 200yards,lucky.I love this gun,kinda feel like a little kid again :D

#12 ·
Re: HUNTING PICTURES ( some may be graphic)

Here is one I used the Marlin 1894 with the adapted Ashley Ghost Ring with the vaccum tubing insert. It was also my 1st with a hard cast bullet, Beartooth 290 gr. LFNGC, I think.

It performed flawlessly. He was on the move at about 40 yds when he came in the open. He ran a semicircle around my tree of about 50 yds.

G
#13 ·

Hill country doe taken in December with my 336 .35 Rem using LeverEv. ammo
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/Bull3540/WhitetaildoeDecember22007_edited.jpg

Nice sow hog taken with a Marlin 1894 .44 mag, 270 grain bullet at about 45 yards. This one is just a little older than what the thread calls for though, but not by much. :-\
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/Bull3540/resizedattachment.jpg
and the pawnshop project gun that brought home the bacon; post refinishing-
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/Bull3540/Marlinprojectgun.jpg

#22 ·

Mark, great pics! My son and I really hope we can get to Australia some day for a hunt. Here are pics of my deer taken this yr. in Indiana. Up til last yr. it was shotgun/muzzleloader state. They passed a pistol caliber rifle season last yr. After 17 yrs. hunting with a shotgun, it was a hoot to get to hunt with a lever action rifle.

"brain fart" buck. long story, I thought he was bigger than he was.

my son's buck and my doe, shot at the same time.

my second doe, taken at 150 yds.

Mad Dog

#24 ·

NRA79 said:
Congrat's on the kills. Nice to see hunters in Australia enjoying Marlins... ;D

What do you do with them? I mean how do you prepare them for the table in Australia?
The Billy would not be edible, however Kid goat is quite the opposite and one of my favorite meats.

Young pig taken in grain growing areas is usualy good table fare, but pigs from outback areas such as the ones in my pics can be very iffy, they eat a lot of carrion.

Thanks Mad, You and your son would have a ball here and be most welcome any time.

Cheers,
Mark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.